Software Engineer, Game Designer
Hi! I'm currently a Software Development Engineer at Amazon based in Seattle, WA. I have a particular
interest in game development, full stack web development, and artificial intelligence.
Last year, I worked on my senior capstone game, Kleptonaut, as Lead Producer and Programmer. Kleptonaut won
the Grand Prize at the 2018 Sammy Showcase, an event showcasing all ~26 senior games made at UC Santa Cruz.
This past summer, I worked at Amazon as an SDE Intern for the Prime Content
Management Experience team developing a metrics logging system and a tool to generate custom reports.
Since graduation, I returned to Amazon full time and continue to hone my full stack skills.
University of California, Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz, CA
B.S. Computer Science: Computer Game Design
Sep 2015 - Dec 2018
- Relevant Coursework: Computer Systems/Assembly Language, Data Structures, Abstract Data Types, Web Applications, Game AI,
Procedural Content Generation, Natural Language Processing, Distributed Systems.
De Anza College
Jun 2014 - Aug 2017
- Relevant Coursework: Programming in C++, Network Security, Ethical Hacking.
Software Development Engineer
Apr 2019 -
- Working on the Prime Content Management Experience team..
Software Development Engineer Intern
Jun 2018 - Sep 2018
- Worked on the Prime Content Management Experience team to revamp the existing metrics logging system used by over 500
- Developed a boilerplate web application to create custom reports to allow for detailed analysis into tool usage and aid
in maintenance and developer operations.
- Designed a fully expandable and scalable backend system to support report generation.
- Reduced a Elasticsearch database schema size by 80% to improve searchability and to optimize
effectiveness of metrics logging.
iD Tech Camps
May 2016 - Aug 2016
- Personally mentored over 60 kids in programming fundamentals.
- Developed a fully customized Java curriculum to streamline teaching core programming concepts.
- Created several sample iOS and Android games to teach kids mobile game design.
SKILLS & AWARDS
Awards & Recognitions
(2018) 1st Place Overall at 2018 Sammy Showcase: Kleptonaut
(2015-2018) Dean’s List
(2015) First Year Honors Program Participant
(2012) Eagle Scout Rank and Gold Palm
Click on the images for more details.
Additional projects can be found on my Github.